Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Jordan's First Baby Shower

I need to say a HUGE thank you to three of the best friends a girl could ask for! My friend's Shelby, Steph and Beth put together the most adorable baby shower for Jordan.

A quick side note: This was the 3rd outfit I tried on and I was intending to change my pants a 4th time but couldn't bring myself to bend over again. Baby J is making it harder to dress! I see slip on shoes in my near future hehe.

Josh and I are decorating the nursery in Dr. Suess, therefore, it was only fitting that Jordan's shower be  the amee theme! We ate biggle balls and picked off of cheese trees. We munched on one fish and two fish, and enjoyed green eggs and ham.



There was so much thought and love expressed in each and every decoration. It had me smiling from ear to ear!



Jordan was given gift upon gift and we are so greatful!


We are patiently waiting for the day we can put her in this swing :)

It was a beautiful day filled with family, friends, and love. Jordan is so lucky to have all these wonderful people her life!





Now let's talk food for a moment.

To my pleasant surprise, my appetite has been somewhat small lately. I have been craving cold smoothies more than anything this past week, thus it only makes sense that I stock up on all my favorite smoothie ingredients this week!

Smoothies, if made properly can be a great way to get in a lot of important nutrients, and they can be whipped up in a flash!

My smoothie of choice this week has been a green smoothie. 

Ingredients:

- 6 oz  plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup  fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries (or berry of your choice)
- 1/2 medium banana
-1/2 or 1 full scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup light soy milk


Method:
-Mix all ingredients in a blender with ice, pour, and enjoy!

This smoothie is packed with protein, iron, B-vitamins, and calcium! Don't like blueberries? Try strawberries. Want something a little sweeter, but still healthy? Try banana, yogurt, milk, chocolate protein powder, and a little peanut butter.

WE WERE SNOWED IN TODAY SO I COULDN'T MAKE IT TO THE GYM. THANK GOODNESS FOR Myyogaonline.com


No comments:

Post a Comment