Wednesday, February 26, 2014

6 WEEKS TO GO !!!!






34 weeks down, 6 weeks to go! I can't believe how quickly time has passed. For the most part, this pregnancy has been amazingly easy and enjoyable. But, I will admit these last couple of weeks have taken a tole on me and my body. I can't sleep, my hands are swollen and I get horrible sciatic pain at least 10x/day. Yet, every time I feel a pain in my back or look down at my swollen hands, I know I am one day closer to meeting our beautiful girl.

I'm still managing my workouts 4-5 days/week, although I'm actually finding weightlifting to be easier than cardio these days, and I usually require a quick nap after. My sister is still training for her half marathon, and as my sweet little nephew grows bigger, her belly puts more pressure on her when she runs, so she purchased a maternity support belt. After raving about how much it helps her, I bought one myself, and it has helped tremendously in decreasing my back pain during and after my workouts. I strongly recommend all you pregnant mamma's invest in one! Here is the one my sister and I have:  http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=973050113&MasterCategory_Id=MC32

Speaking of my sister, she came in town last weekend for our joint baby shower! I can't imagine going through all of this without her. Being pregnant with her has truly made this experience SO special. Although I'm not sure our husbands would agree. Poor guys, every time we get together they have to listen to us compare how big our boobs have gotten, how much weight we've gained, and bitch about all the less attractive side effects of pregnancy. HAHA They're troopers!

Here are some highlights from our weekend


One of my parents oldest and dearest friends painted us this canvas for Jordan's nursery. WE LOVE IT!!


Baby Will's baby book!



Our wonderful hostesses! They've known us since we were babies, and now they get to watch our babies grow! 




Couldn't seem to get a photo where we were all looking in the same direction


HOPE EVERY ONE HAS A WONDERFUL WEEK! 

I'll leave you with one of my favorite crockpot recipes that I cooked last week.
 White Chicken Chili

Ingredients:

- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can northern beans, drained
-1 can black beans, drained
-1 can red kidney beans, drained
-1 can sweet corn kernels, undrained
-1 can Mild Rotel, undrained
-4 oz low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp pepper
-2 tsp onion powder
-1 1/2 tsp cumin
-1 TBSP chili powder
-1 minced clove of garlic
-8oz low-fat cream cheese ( I use Neufchatel cheese, it's 1/3 the fat)





Method:
 Combine Northern beans through garlic in your crockpot and place chicken breasts on top of mixture. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. After cooking time is up, remove chicken and shred with two forks (chicken will be very tender and will pull apart easily). Return to crockpot and mix thoroughly. Add cream cheese and mix gently, cook on warm for 20 more minutes. Top with your favorite chili toppings and enjoy!

Before





YUM!


I love this recipe because I can turn my crockpot on before work and come to dinner ready!

HAPPY HUMP DAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment